2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Share a subfolder calendar or contacts (Outook 2003 SP2)

Is it possible to share contacts or calendars that are created as subfolders under my Contacts and Calendar with others. We are on an exchange server but I can't figure out if these subfolders I create can be shared. Ideas?????

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Share a subfolder calendar or contacts (Outook 2003 SP2)

1st right click the sub folder, in the pop up click sharing, click on permission tab, click add there will be an address list pops up, type in the name to find the contact, select the options that you want to allow that person to be able to performs then click apply then that should work. I hope this helps you. Good luck

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Share a subfolder calendar or contacts (Outook 2003 SP2)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by JohnBF on 19-Jul-06 08:23. )</P>I have never been able to get this to work (and neither have my company's tech gurus), except in the case of Calendars, see <!post=this post,376570>this post<!/post>.

Edit: Clarification - there is no problem sharing default folders, those primary folders that Outlook creates on initial startup- my unsuccessful experience is with subfolders - I have never been able to successfully share a non-default folder. You can set up permissions for other people to access a subfolder, but the other user(s) cannot locate it when they attempt to find it through the File | Open | Other Users Folder dialog. At one point my IS tech people set me up with access to an assistants Exchange Server account so I could access a special calendar she maintained, but that didn't work.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS