3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Incomplete Border Printing (Office2K SR-1)

When attempting to use some art borders for some one page memos I get an incomplete printing of the border showing up at the bottom of the page in print preview as well as when I print. Do I need to reduce the point size of the border or change the margins or ? Any help would be appriciated.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Incomplete Border Printing (Office2K SR-1)

Issues like this have come up before, and the cause was usually found to be with the type of printer being used - some inkjet printers appear to be particularly greedy in requiring a large page border - larger than you may want.

Solutions are to live with the larger border, or switch to a laser printer. (Some makes of inkjet printers may do better than others at this too, perhaps someone out there can offer recommendations?)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Gary's reply confirmed what we have seen here - inkjet printers often miss off the bottom of a page margin.
    You may be able to solve your problem by changing the positioning of the border.
    By default, borders are measured from the edge of the page inwards. This can be amended so the border is positioned relative to the text on the page. To try this :
    Format | Borders and Shading | Page Border tab | Options button and then click on the Measure from drop down menu. This will be set to Edge of Page - it can be changed to Text.
    HTH
    Silverback

Thanks

I think your question has already been answered, but in case anyone wants a reference page:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm>The bottoms of my pages don't print</A> or the page number, footer, or page border doesn't print or prints only partially (or: the right-hand side of my landscape pages won't print)
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you all. The change to measure from the text solved the problem. As a separate issue, why does Publisher 2K not have this problem? Anyway, thanks again.