4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

ZoneAlarm for W98SE

Hi All !!!

Not sure whether to post here or W98E, so I chose here.

I had to start a re-build on a W98SE machine and lost my backup copy of ZoneAlarm for the W98SE.

ZoneLabs no longer supports W98SE ( Click Here ) !!!!

After much searching on several search engines, found a site to download ZoneAlarm 6.1.737.000 Download W98SE compatible here.

Hope this helps someone else who may need ZoneAlarm for W98SE.
    Scott

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ZoneAlarm for W98SE

Thanks for posting that, Scott. Since you did, I'll add a reminder that Lounger <!profile=SteveH>SteveH<!/profile> posted a link to this site: OldVersion.com not long ago. It does have a link for older versions of ZA along with lots of other stuff.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ZoneAlarm for W98SE

Thanks BigA Al ! ! ! !

I did a search before posting and I apparently missed this posting. I did come across OldVersion.Com - ZoneAlarm in my searches, but they only went to version ZoneAlarm 5.5.94.0. I was looking for the latest version before 6.5 (W98SE supported version).

However, I appreciate your post because I forgot to put OldVersion.Com in my favorites list - which it now is.

I realize I am going to have to either find another firewall program (preferably free), cheap paid version, or FINALLY upgrade that computer to something other than W98SE. I have not really searched for an alternative yet.

"IF IT'S NOT BROKEN - DON'T FIX IT ! ! "

I also don't really want to upgrade this computer. I'm using it as a glorified file/print server for a home network. Some of the devices are old enough, XP has problems with them. After this last rebuilt-I made sure to burn a couple of different images for re-storing later if required.

Eventually (read next major crash or new peripheral updates), I will have to upgrade to next level of OS.

Thanks again for the other reference.
    Scott