2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Navigation Buttons (Access 2000/Windows XP Pro)

I know that it is easy to get rid of the navigation buttons on a form just by clicking No in the properties page, but I do want the ability to let users move through the records by clicking on the forward and back buttons and see how many records there are.

What I don

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Navigation Buttons (Access 2000/Windows XP Pro)

One option would be to set the Allow Additions property of the form to No. This will disable the * button on the toolbar and in the navigation buttons. You must turn on AllowAdditions temporarily in the code behind your Add button, e.g.

Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()
    Me.AllowAdditions = True
    ' Set a dummy value (otherwise new record will be canceled)
    Me.txtSomething = "--New--"
    Me.AllowAdditions = False
    End If

Another option would be to hide the built-in navigation buttons, and to create your own set of navigation buttons plus a text box or label to display "Record m of n" - see for example <post:=581,827>post 581,827</post:>.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Navigation Buttons (Access 2000/Windows XP Pro)

Hi Hans

Thank you for the code, it worked perfectly and for the record I show it below.

The database has about 6000 records for 700 members of 200 households. The Household name has to be entered before any members are added to that household.

The Household details are on another tabbed page and by making sure data is entered this way it goes to the right tabbed page and members can