New Lounger
    Thanks

Moving Addresses to New Computer (2003)

I have Outlook 2003 on my old desktop and my new laptop. Can someone tell me how to get those addresses/contacts to the new laptop? I also want to bring the addresses into Thunderbird, which I'm now using for several email accounts in addition to Outlook 2003 for my primary account.

I appreciate any help!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moving Addresses to New Computer (2003)

Contacts are stored in your .pst file. See Jscher2000's recent <post:=588,244>post 588,244</post:>.

You can export your contacts from Outlook to a .csv file and import this into Thunderbird - see Import Outlook contacts - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you. I was able to import to Thunderbird.

However, I continue to have a problem in Outlook. When I click on Tools, Address Book, I get lengthy message that says, "The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated witht htis address list could not be opened; it may habe been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions."

I click OK then get a blank list of contacts, but there is a drop down to the right that says, "Show Names from the...." and there are TWO Contacts choices. If I click the second one, I find my contacts. I also see if I click the Contacts "tab" below the folders on the left, but when I look at my folders on the left, I don't see a contacts folder.

I'm sorry if this is confusing. I do appreciate the help. I am making some progress! LOL!.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you VERY much! :-)