3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thunderbird (latest)

My Junk and Deleted folders have suddenly become inaccessible. Clicking on them just flashes the contents very briefly on the screen and results in the message: "No matches found". Any clues?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Thunderbird (latest)

Are your folders real folders or are they "saved search" folders? Clutching a a straw here, but if they are saved searches, they may be trying to refresh themselves on an empty search. Else I don't know, have you tried the "delete your .msf file" trick and compacting your folders?
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks very much for your reply, Jon. My Junk and Deleted Folders are just the normal ones provided by Thunderbird as default.

I've tried compacting folders without any success. Can't find the *.msf files - would you please tell me where they are.

Obviously a clean install would do the trick, but don't really want to go to the trouble of having to install the marvellous Gspace, Noia and ChromeEdit 2 and modify the background colours all over again. I'll probably end up waiting for the next major version release to clean install if I can't find a simple solution.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Nick,

The *.msf files are (or should be) in your profile folder. The profile folder (on windows 2000) is Cocuments and Settings_yourusername_Application DataThunderbirdProfiles_yourprofile_mail (or IMAPmail if you're using IMAP)

The msf files are rebuilt by Thunderbird if you delete them.
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Finally got the time to return to this problem :-). Thanks very much for your solution, John, which worked a treat.