New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows XP-KB905474 (2003)

I have installed KB905474 on my computer. Is there a way to remove it?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows XP-KB905474 (2003)

That's the KB number for the Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications application. According to <!mskb=905474>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 905474<!/mskb> you can't remove it - so I guess your best bet is to restore the previous image backup of your system disk, if you have one!!

StuartR

Thanks

Re: Windows XP-KB905474 (2003)

That same article that Stuart mentions, says that you can at least disable it ( WGA ) until a new version comes out. ( for whatever reason you would want to do this )
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    How to uninstall Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications
    You can use Add or Remove Programs to <big>view</big> Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications, but you cannot use Add or Remove Programs to <big>remove </big> the notifications.

You can temporarily disable Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications. To do this, right-click the Notifier icon in the notification area and select Change Notifications Settings. Then, follow the prompts. This will disable the Notification Prompts until a new release of the Notification Update is released.

For more information about Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
    WGA
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!