hdj

A rule to keep message on server?

In Outlook Express it is possible to make a rule of the type "Where the To line contains 'bla-bla' Do not Download it from the server". This is useful when several people share one email account, which has several aliases.

However, I simply cannot find a way to create the same behavior in Outlook 2000. In fact I cannot find any rule Actions related to the mail server...

Have I missed something, can I do this with Outlook ... ?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: A rule to keep message on server?

outlook's rules are all client side unless using exchange server. you can set outlook to leave all on the server or use remote mail (corp mode only) to download and delete on certain mails.

hdj

Thanks MaryJ

However, I wanted to use this for a standard remote POP3 dial-up ISP account, so I figure it's a no go with Outlook. Mmmh, I'll have to look into this custom rules thing...

Hans.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

remote mail will work with pop, but it's awful slow. and you need to use corp mode so you'll lose all the good features of IMO.

you mean custom actions? hope you know c++ [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] AFAIk, they'll only fire after the message is off the server.