Star Lounger
    Thanks

Repeating Junk Entries (2003)

I get three message in my Junk mail folder again and again. I delete them and the next time I go into Outlook they reappear. They can also multiply. I ran an AVG Anti-virus scan, an Ad-Aware scan and a Spybot scan but it doesn't seem to help. One tech person suggested that this was a corrupted file somewhere rather than a virus / worm and I should re-install Outlook. I couldn't find anything on the Microsoft Knowledgebase. Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Repeating Junk Entries (2003)

Are they exactly the same 3 messages? Sometimes the communication between Outlook and the POP server is imperfect and the fact that you already downloaded the message fails to be properly recorded somewhere. There are a few different programs that let you view your mail on the server and delete it there. MailWasher is one oriented toward cleaning out spam, but there are a few others whose names I forget that have been mentioned here before. Of course, if you have webmail access to the server, you could check that way.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Repeating Junk Entries (2003)

Thank you, apparently this was the problem. I went into the hosting e-mail site and deleted the messages in the mail box. Have not received these messages since.