2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Keep a form on top (Access 2000/Windows XP pro)

I have a small form that can print a number of reports with a button for each one.

It is activated from a much larger main form with a button that toggles the print form opened and closed.

All works well, but it would look a lot better if I could find a way of keeping the form always on top once it's opened. At the moment if I click somewhere in the main form it disappears to the back and it's not until you look at the print button that you realise it's already opened, but behind everything.

I've look in the help file, on the web and through these posts, but I can't find the answer. Has anyone found a way round this one?

Michael Peak

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Keep a form on top (Access 2000/Windows XP pro)

If you set the Modal property of the form to Yes, users can't click in other forms while it is open - they will have to close the form before they can do so.
    If you set the Popup property of the form to Yes, the form will "float" above all other database objects while it is open.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Curses!

I was looking for keep on top and floating and things like that. I never thought of Popup. Now of course its working perfectly.

Thanks Hans

Best wishes

Michael

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

You can set the pop-up property of the form to True. This will allow it to float over other forms, and you can easily move it out of the way to work on the form behind it.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.