4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Replacing one template with another (XP)

I have been asked to take a number of presentations designed using one template, update them, and reformat them using a new design. The updating is no problem but applying the new template is causing me fits. I have attached a ZIP file containing three PP presentations that I hope someone can help me with.

OLD.PPT is one of the old presentations. I have reduced it to a few slides and removed some proprietary information but have left enough to show the problem. All of the slides, except for the first one, have a lined rectangular blue area at the top and a triangular blue area on the left side. The first slide had a similar image as the background that I have removed in order to remove its identifying information.

NEW.PPT is the new template. The first slide had an image background that I have removed in order to remove its identifying information. The second slide is about half blue and half white with red borders and is only used for the second slide in the series. The third slide is used for the remainder of the slides. It has a large blue area at the top with a slight blue area on the left side and bottom with a red border.

MIXED.PPT is what I get when I try to replace the old template with the new one. I have tried replacing all and replacing at the master slide level. It appears to me that the old and new designs are superimposed on one another.

This should be an easy thing to do and I am clearly doing it wrong. I have searched the web and help without luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Thanks

Re: Replacing one template with another (XP)

Hi Ronny
    You've probably already discovered this, the graphic from the old presentation master was preserved. If you delete it, you will find the new graphic underneath.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile