New Lounger
    Thanks

Posting Web Pages To Web Site (2003)

I have created a multipage web site using of course Publisher, however when I post the finished product to my web site via FTP the home page is visible minus an embedded picture but the links do not point o the appropriate pages, they point back to the home page. When I try to modify the link addresses in the nav bar, I get the unreachable page. Publisher puts my files minus the index.htm into a seperate file on my web server, I have no control over nor do I have control to edit the html to update the locations of the files. Dont get me started about publishing the web site using the web location option in the save file as box, that just does not work. Can anyone help me get this site up and running?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Posting Web Pages To Web Site (2003)

Hi There

Welcome to the Lounge

I am assuming you are publishing the whole folder that the publisher html file is in including any sub folders?

I have found this Microsoft Office assistant Publish a Publisher Website which may be of help to you.
    Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have also looked at that site for help as well but no luck. I am looking into using DreamWeaver to edit the html and post it that way. I dont know why this is so difficult but par for the Microsoft course I guess. Pleeeease can someone help me?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Did you ever end up trying the dreamweaver? I am having problems even getting my stuff posted to the web on Pub 2003, so you've made it farther than me! I was also wondering about the dreamweaver. Please let me know if you tried it and how it works.
    Curtis Aumiller