Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    2 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Problem importing a database

    I use a Dell Axim X30 with Windows Mobile 2003 (2nd Ed.), version 4.21.1088 (build 14260.2.0.2) to store Access 2000 databases which I use for my job. I'm using abcDB on my handheld to work with the Access databases. I just updated one of the databases and have found that when I try to import it using ActiveSync only a small portion of the records are transferred to the handheld. The database contains over 200 records yet only about 37 make the trip. I recently updated a much larger database, containing over 1,500 records, without a hitch. I have tried re-booting my desktop, re-setting the handheld, all to no avail. I get no error message. The process just begins as normal and suddenly stops as though completed. I can tell by the file size, and of course by actually opening the database, that all the records are not present. I have been using this process for years without such a problem.

    Also, in case it is relevant, I have to import the databases each time I make changes to them, rather than synchronizing them, because, for an unknown reason, I've never been able to get the db's to synch. It's a problem I've become used to and have not had much difficulty with it other than the inconvenience of not being able to use the synch feature for the db's.

  2. #2
    Silver Lounger
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Niagara Falls, New York, USA
    Posts
    1,878
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Problem importing a database

    Hi Steve

    I

  3. #3
    2 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Problem importing a database

    John,

    I am pretty much sold on abcDB. I tried HanDBase some years ago and though it was good, I felt PocketSoft's abcDB was better.

    As luck would have it, right after I sent my support request to PocketSoft the problem stopped occuring. Tery Emilson, of PocketSoft, responded and aplogized for their delayed response, informing me that they were readying a new version of abcDB for release. I imagine that release has now been made available. I will be checking their website later to get the update IF it will work with my Axim's OS. I've grown so used to just re-importing my updated db's that, while it is a pain, I just put up with it. Maybe the newer version will somehow solve the mystery.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •