5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Echange connection poblems

Anyone have some good resources for investigating slow, dropped, and generally dorked up mail delivery problems.

From time-to-time, I am seeing problems with delivery of emails from our Exchange server (2003). Various things like time outs when trying to send mail with attachments. Mail delivery delays for no reason. The inabilityfor a Reply to be successfully delivered. With other strange things like being able to succesfully manually send mail trhough telnet sessions,

Unfortunately, all the sleuthing tools that I know about only get me so far as "and here's where it quits" without much of a clue as to why.

If anyone has had experience with more in-depth tools ad methods for troubleshooting the internet like this, I would apreciate any references you could throw my way.

Ah.. research....

Thanks

Re: Echange connection poblems

In my limited experience, it is difficult to coax just the right tracking and error logging information out of Exchange. That said, each of your SMTP Virtual Servers has its own logging feature. If you can turn on those logs and mine them effectively, you might gain more insight into server-to-server handoff problems than what is provided by Exchange's own features.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Try Microsoft Exchange Server Solutions as a starting point. There are links to other sites, utilities, articles, etc.

Joe
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks,that sounds like a good idea.