New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Registry

Can anyone suggest VBScript code that will set the Windows registry (2000 Professional) to do the following:

1) for Internet Explorer, set "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" to true

2) set the task bar to autohide

3) set the browse folders option to open each folder in the same window

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Registry

Welcome to Woody's Lounge, Napoleon! We hope you find the help you need here and enjoy coming back. Since your question concerns Windows 2000, I'm going to move your post to that forum in the hopes that a Lounger experienced in that OS will read it and offer to help you. You might need to expand on your questions a bit, such as, are you looking for a script for setting up new installations or changing machines that are already up and running. As a matter of fact, I may be wrong in moving it to W2K for it may need to be in the VB forum, but let's start with the W2K board and see what response you get. It sounds like you're interested in broadcasting new setups but ...

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I put my question to the general section as I thought it was a global windows solution. Anyway, to be more specific I'm looking to change PCs that are already up and running.

Administrator
    Thanks

If you are runing a domain you can push settings at user logon time using AD & group policies. See Understanding Group Policy in Windows 2000, Configure Specific Windows 2000 Server Features, Managing Day-to-Day Operations - Windows 2000 Server, and Designing Organization-wide Policies for more information.

Joe