Lounger
    Thanks

Protect Formulas (Excel 2003)

Good Morning,

I am trying to protect a formula within a cell while still being able to enter data on top of the formula. Is this possible? I read in another thread that the formulas would need to be placed in another protected location and then I would need to have the cell I'm entering data into reference the formula in the protected cell. I am completely confused as I am new to excel. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Protect Formulas (Excel 2003)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by sdckapr on 29-Jul-06 14:28. Added PS)</P>If you want to be able to edit it, why would you want to protect it?

I also don't understand why you would want someone to be able to overwrite a formula.

Could you elaborate on what you want to do or what you need?

Steve

PS
    Is something like this what you are after?

<table border=1><td></td><td align=center>A</td><td align=center>B</td><td align=center>C</td><td align=center valign=bottom>1</td><td valign=bottom>Default</td><td valign=bottom>Manual</td><td valign=bottom>Result</td><tr><td align=center valign=bottom>2</td><td valign=bottom>=Your Formula</td><td align=right valign=bottom>

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Protect Formulas (Excel 2003)

Thank you for responding.

I am unsure of what my boss would like to accomplish. I was given this form to troubleshoot and, since I am new to excel, followed my boss