Thread: FTP Access

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

FTP Access

OK,

This one is an odd one since MS don't usually release a product with less features than earlier releases.

On Windows 2000 server I can create an FTP site under IIS so that specific users or groups are allowed read/write access to it:

Computer Management MMC  Services and Applications  Internet Information Services then right-click on the FTP site, select "Properties" and the "Security Accounts" tab.

There, in plain view, is an FTP Site Operators dialog to which I can add relevant UserID's.

Under Windows 2003 I go to the same place and there is no such dialog.

Anyone got any idea how you do this under Windows 2003?

Kyu

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks

Re: FTP Access

Have a look here or here . You'll note that (according to MS) the FTP service is not installed by default.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions