2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Pivot Table Sum (2003 sp2)

I have a pivot table with the following fields:
    Row: Opened by field - contains employee names that opened tickets
    Col: Source - value of this field is either Email, Fax, Telephone or Voicemail
    Data: count of Source
    I need to extract the sum of tickets created from email as the source and from voicemail as the source for each agent. This is just one piece of data that I'm pulling from various sources using VBA.
    My problem is this. There aren't always any items with Fax as the Source, so the fields are not always in the same location. The pivot table itself is much too large, so am attaching just a small spreadsheet that shows the output with and without Fax as the source. Help!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pivot Table Sum (2003 sp2)

When you create a formula that refers to a cell inside the pivot table, Excel will automatically use the GETPIVOTDATA function. For example, if you refer to the count of voice mails opened by Francisco Acuna:

=GETPIVOTDATA("Source",$A$1,"Opened by","Francisco Acuna","Source","Voice Mail")

It doesn't matter if there is a fax column or not, the formula will retrieve the data by name. Similarly, of you want the total number of voice mails:

=GETPIVOTDATA("Source",$A$1,"Source","Voice Mail")

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pivot Table Sum (2003 sp2)

Perfect - thanks!