2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Display as Icon (2002/SP3)

Hi,

I have an internal customer who copyies a ducement link from Lotus Notes and past special (and display as icon) into an excel spread sheet. She saves the excel file. Then opens it again and upon pasting another document link the icon does not appear. The new link seems to be there (in t erms of the data being in the cell) but the icon does not display.

I got the same behavior on Excel 97 SR2.

Any ideas, suggestions?

TIA,

Jimmy Lee

erms of the info 'in the cell' being

Thanks

Re: Display as Icon (2002/SP3)

I can verify the same behaviour copy a document link from Lotus Notes 6.5.2 to XL2002 SP3 and do not understand the problem.

The object created does not appear to be a link even though the formulabar displays a link.

I was able to restore the functionality of pasting, by opening a new workbook and pasting the link into he new workbook and then, Once it pasted in the new workbook, if I went to the original workbook
    Paste-special
    Pastelink
    display as icon
    <change icon>
    <ok><ok>

It started woring fine. If I did not doe the change icon route first, it only worked once and then I had to go to the new workbook to get it to work again.

Perhaps there is another fix someone else has, I came up with this tonight by trial and error...

Steve

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Display as Icon (2002/SP3)

Hi Steve,

Your workaround worked for me. I shared it with my user but she hasn't inormed me if it is acceptable yet.

Thanks for your help.

Jimmy Lee