2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Synchronization Outlook/PDA (Outlook 2002)

Hello, I have been trying to sync my Toshiba PDA using a USB cable and cradle with Outlook. Just downloaded ActiveSync 4 hoping this would resolve the problem. I keep getting the following msgs. "The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using". Then "ActiveSync. can not log on to Outlook. Make sure Outlook is installed and functioning properly (it is working fine)". Then "Synchronization can not be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information. Restart computer and sync again or contact...". Has anyone had this problem and could you help me? I would very much appreciate it. Thank you, Tira

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: Synchronization Outlook/PDA (Outlook 2002)

Was it Download details: ActiveSync 4.2 that you installed? You might try uninstalling an re-installing ActiveSync. Was there a driver to be installed for the PDA? Also, see ActiveSync Help & How Tos for troubleshooting information.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, Joe. I did re-install activesync 4.1 and now it seems to work - again. The reason why I had posted is that it had happened before, then I re-installed, used it for a while and suddenly it started again. So I thought I'll ask to see if someone has had the same experience, using it for a while and then it'll start coming up with these err msgs. It works, for now, and I hope it will keep working without having to re-install it over and over. Thanks again for your help. Tira

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Your firewall may be blocking it. Another fix, that I have used many time, is to reset your pda. On my if I push the reset button with the stick, it will reboot the pda.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Dave, I will try that next time it happens. Tira