Thanks

OUTLOOK 2000 to 2003 (2000)

I was blessed by somenone assisting me via WOODY'S in makeing some VB programs the when I clicked the
    Icon it loaded outlook in the new email, filled in the name of the person, subject line with Request Form
    moved to the blank section, filled in the persons name and a short greeting. I then could attach the form to be sent
    and it saved me a lot of time. I have to do several in a day. Could someone assist me in why it will not work in 2003
    and or how to make a new one ????
    R.J.B. Phillips III
    Logical Systems Inc. Part Time Drafter
    IBC WONDER HOSTESS Retired 33+ years
    Firestone Tr & Rubber Company 15 Years rjbphillipsiii@yahoo.com

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OUTLOOK 2000 to 2003 (2000)

Have you set Outlook 2003 Tools | Macros | Security to Medium? If that's not the problem, can you advise the exact VBA error message you are getting, and also point to the Lounge Post contining the code you are using, or post it in an attached text file?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks

The answer sent to me on the Macro Security did the trick, thanks so much for the assistance.
    Could you tell me why I can not look at the email attachments anymore with out saving to disk and then re-open ????
    Outlook 2003, did not have this problem in MS Outlook 2000, I tried looking for a setting, but do not know what I am looking
    for .... thanks for all the previous help
    R.J.B. Phillips III

Thanks

I use Outlook 2003, installed on a system that already had Outlook 2002. In my case, the behavior varies. For PDF files, they open immediately in Acrobat. For DOC, JPG and PNG files, I get an Open/Save/Cancel dialog. I can't think of any where I only have the option to save.

(In Outlook Web Access, though, I might only have the option to Save. At least for some types of files.)

It's possible that these settings are governed by the Exchange Server in the first instance.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Regarding Jefferson's post, your IS people may have set a very high level of attachment security. If you have Admin rights on your PC, <!post=this thread,589,015>this thread<!/post> has a couple of possible answers; if you don't have certain Admin rights, you may not be able to change that behavior.

If that's not it, there's a remote possibility that your allowed TIF file space is full, though I thought this problem was fixed in XP SP2 and 2003. By default, files opened directly from Outlook are saved temporarily in "Cocuments and Settings<username>Local SettingsTemporary Internet FilesOLKAE"; if there is no space in the TIF, they can't open. See if it helps to open Internet Explorer and under Tools | General tab | Temporary Internet Files, Settings, increase "Amount of disk space to use" (or you can clear out ALL files in the TIF, but that will slow your browsing).
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks

Thank you, I have been saving them and they do open fine, but this was a PDF file and I did not want to save it only read it. I did not get the screen I was used to in 2000 OPEN or SAVE option ... ?
    R.J.B. Phillips III