New Lounger
    Thanks

Inserting Page Numbers (Excel 2000)

I have a workbook filled with various forms and information on different worksheets. Is there any way to have Excel have the page numbering start over at one at the start of every worksheet (similar to creating section breaks in word so the numbering restarts itself at the beginning of every section)?? If I print only one worksheet there's no problem and the page numbering begins at 1. However, I decide to print the entire workbook the numbering is consecutive, even in the worksheets that don't have page number formatting inserted in the header/footer section.

Any ideas???

Many thanks, KC [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserting Page Numbers (Excel 2000)

Excel does not provide for this, but you could use a macro to print each sheet.

Sub PrintAll()
    Dim sh
    For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
    sh.PrintOut
    Next sh
    End Sub

Since each sheet is printed separately, page numbering will start at 1 for each.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserting Page Numbers (Excel 2000)

Thanks so much Hans - it worked well but since I don't have much experience working with Macros it took me some time to get it running properly. As an FYI though - I figured out a much easier way of doing this...in the page setup - if you replace "auto" with "1" in the selected sheets it will start numbering at one as well.

Many thanks for your quick repsonse!!

-K [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]