New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2002/XP (2002/XP)

Greetings all,
    Have seen much discussion in the MS Public forums but so far no solution. Perhaps someone here has solved the problem of Outlook retrieving the same emails from a pop server over and over again. I run Outlook 2002 on 3 machines but the problem only exists on my home desktop. Please help. I'm weary of deleting 160 emails everyday.

Thanks,
    Mark Musser

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2002/XP (2002/XP)

do you have a second acct you could add to your profile? someone with the problem said that fixed it for them. (it can be disabled from send receive from the tools menu)

this seems only to be a problem on upgrades over outlook 2000 but i haven't heard if creating a new profile helps or not.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2002/XP (2002/XP)

MJ,
    Thanks for the reply. I was running two full accounts from this machine but last night deleted completely one of the two. This morning Outlook ran normally upon startup so I will go with this profile for a couple of days. After that, I will add back the second account without S/R and see how that works. Just can't figure why only 1 of my 3 machines was affected since all of them were upgrades from 2000. As far as I can tell, MS has not even acknowledged this is a bug. Stay tuned, film at 11.

Mark Musser