5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Send To resizes window (2000 SP3)

Every time I use Send To from Explorer to send a file through Outlook the message is created in a tiny square box. The next time I open a message or create a new one (by any method) the window that opens is the tiny square, neither maximized (as is my usual preference) nor even the near-maximized size that I stretch these little boxes to. Once I stretch the box out or maximize the window everything is fine, until I use Send To again when Outlook once again clobbers my preferences.

Is there any way to change this behaviour, or to change the default window size created by the Send To command?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Send To resizes window (2000 SP3)

According to MVP Ken Slovak it's a known bug in Outlook 2000 without a solution. See this newsgroup thread. It has been corrected in Outlook 2002 and later.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the bad news. So it's fixed in newer versions... still not enough of a reason to update from 2000. I'll bet there's no way to change the default message content either. I'd love to kill the attachment security warning.

Thanks

One solution I used was this:

1] Open a new mail message, leave blank and open.

2] Using Send-To, create the new 'small square' message with the attachment, click on Save and close it. (Until you do, you can't do much else with Outlook anyway!)

3] Locate this saved message - it should be at the top of your Inbox. Double-click it and it should re-open with your default size.

4] Discard the unused 'new' message created in step 1.

This of course requires you to have Outlook open - it's messy, but saves a little bit of irritation.