3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

unexpected changes (Office 2000 SR-2)

We are confused about the following: A document was written using a laptop computer. It was prepared and checked carefully. It was saved to a floppy and brought to a desktop computer. The spacing was changed. Straight lines were changed. (By this, I mean lines upon which answers would be written.) An extra (blank) page was added on. I had always thought that a Word document should look the same no matter what computer it is on. What is it that I am not realizing?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: unexpected changes (Office 2000 SR-2)

It may well be the way it's formatted for a different printer driver. I've often had a document sent to me, which looks fine on the sender's computer, but which is unreadable on mine (different margins mean shorter/longer lines, for instance).

Can you change the printer on one computer to match the other, and see if that makes a difference?
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: unexpected changes (Office 2000 SR-2)

I would almost bet on the printer driver being the problem here. I've even seen two different versions of the same driver, for the same printer, cause variances in a document. Many things are affected by a printer driver - not only margins, but vertical and horizontal font spacing as well. These things are inherent in most WYSIWYG word processing programs within Windows.
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.