3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

USB Port Usage (XP SP2)

Does anyone know of a utility (in XP, or third party) which can display all available USB ports, whether V1 or V2, and what devices are currently conected. It is difficult going through Device Manager and getting the assignments manually one at a time???
    David P - The Truth Is In Redmond

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: USB Port Usage (XP SP2)

You could try System Info (SIW). There is an entry under the left side list of items to check for Ports/USB ports. This freebie gives lots of valuable information about your PC!

"Peace begins with a smile. "-- Mother Teresa

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

USBInfo 2.0 $19.95

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I checked the site and it looked like just what I need. Downloaded and installed trial version, and it immediately stated 'time expired'. Went back to the site but all contact and support links appear to be 'Access Denied'. Any thoughts on this?
    David P - The Truth Is In Redmond

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by peterg on 08-Aug-06 06:16. )</P>Maybe they saw you coming, with a tag line like that.

For network ports, which is a different matter I realize, PC Magazine has PortSnoop for 8 bucks, or $20 for all of the the utilities they come up with in a year's time, which is much the better deal. I'm not a subscriber for the utilities, but I'm toying with the idea, since historically they have been tiny and effective. (That may be ancient history, but sometimes a source like that is the best bet.) You might check their site and browse the utilities they have to see if any interest you. If I get around to it I may do the same myself.

I'd better add that that utility was mercilessly panned in users' reviews, so I'm just suggesting a source to look for such things.