New Lounger
    Thanks

Envelopes and Labels in Word 2000 (Windows/Word 2000)

Hi - I have recently created a new normal.dot after renaming the original normal.dot to normal2000.dot. I haven't changed anything in the Envelopes and Labels option, but when I try to create a new document after selecting the labels I want, I get a message "WINWORD.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created". The error log, which is 5 pages long, has an Exception number: C0000005 (access violation) and there is one FAULT line which reads FAULT ->3014ce56 ffb20c010000 push dword ptr [edx+0x10c].

I have renamed my normal.dot to another name and then renamed normal2000.dot to normal.dot and it works fine in there, but can't figure out why it doesn't in my template as I have only changed styles, page margins, etc.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please - I would be ETERNALLY grateful!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Envelopes and Labels in Word 2000 (Windows/Word 2000)

How did you create the new Normal.dot? Normally, if there is no Normal.dot, Word 2000 creates it automatically when the application is exited. I'm not sure what happens if you try to save a file called Normal.dot.

You might try renaming the old Normal.dot again (before you start Word), and then waiting until you exit Word - then, there should be a new Normal.dot.
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Envelopes and Labels in Word 2000 (Windows/Word 2000)

Thanks for your reply Lonelywind - I copied Normal.dot, renamed the copy to Normal2000.dot, and then opened and edited the original Normal.dot. I will now do as you suggest and start with a clean plate!