Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Sticky Workgroups (2003/SP2)

After selecting a new workgroup the files displayed under the General tab after selecting New Document | On My Computer includes all *.doc and *.dot files located in the selected workgroup folder.

My problem is that the workgroup files don't disappear from this General tab display when a new workgroup is selected unless the filename happens to be the same. Since these icons are not shortcuts, deleting from the General tab display, deletes the file from the folder that was at one time the workgroup.

I can conceive an approach that will delete these sticky icons when changing workgroups, but it will be inelegant to the point of embarrassment--and I don't embarrass easily.

Is anyone aware of a setting in Word to overcome this aggravation?

T.I.A.
    Regards
    Don

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sticky Workgroups (2003/SP2)

I cannot reproduce the error and I can't find any mention of it either, so I suspect it's a glitch on your system. Does it survive a reboot?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans
    Thanks for the speedy response.

<UL><LI>Yes it survives a reboot.
    <LI>The symptoms are consistent with at least one other machine at the office. All machines at the office are maintained to the same standard (theoretically).
    <LI>On my machine at home--like you--I am unable to reproduce the problem.[/list] Any suggestions (polite), will be greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    Don

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I tested on a standalone machine. I'll test in a network situation tomorrow to see if it makes a difference.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I tested at work. I can't reproduce the problem there either - the Templates dialog will reflect the current setting of User templates and Workgroup templates. So it must be specific to your environment. Since it also occurs on another PC in the office, perhaps your IT department uses policies to include a set of templates regardless of the setting of Workgroup templates?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the effort Hans
    I will update if there is any enlightenment.
    Regards
    Don