2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Formatting in HTML (XP Prof 2003)

I decided to stop using Word as my email editor as it was "helping" me. I have changed to HTML because it is supposed to allow me to format bullets, fonts etc. For example, I want to be able to change the bullet style - have it against the margin and with spaces between. I click on Format; Style; Bulleted list but that just allows me to use the list.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple - I've searched here and googled but I can't seem to find how to do this.

I'd be grateful for any help.

Thank you in advance

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Formatting in HTML (XP Prof 2003)

If you really need things like that, you'd better switch back to Word as mail editor. The built-in editor in Outlook is limited.

Thanks

If you want to have a consistent format that differs from the standard Outlook HTML stationery, you can create your own stationery. Probably easiest to do this in a competent HTML editor than by hand, although some hand-tuning might be needed.

If you want to change formatting on a more ad hoc basis, such as in a reply, then the stationery approach probably won't work very well (it could wreck the formatting of earlier messages in the thread).

VBA offers a limited ability to rewrite the underlying HTML in a message. For example, we had a thread with a macro to "un-indent" replies, which required poking around in a number of messages to figure out what HTML to change. Styling lists might be a bit easier, but would take some time to develop.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you both for your responses. A little more work required on my part I think.