2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Journal Reports - how to? (2003)

Is there any way to get journal reports based on one or more categories? For example, how can I print out the total time spend on a category such as "prospects"? Is there any way to print out all the Journal notes for a specific category? I can sort by category and then print one entry at a time, but that wastes a lot of paper, especially as the notes are not that long.
    Thanks.
    Mark

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Journal Reports - how to? (2003)

One kludge would be to do a File > Import and Export... > Export to a File... > Microsoft Excel > Journal and give it a name. Open the spreadsheet in Excel after it is exported (it is a slow export) and then sort on the column you wish to. Chop off rows and columns you don't want and put into Word if you want.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Based on your suggestion, I tried it. Somehow the dates were not in proper format - Excel did not recognize some of the date entries and would not sort by that column - I wanted to put the newest journal entries at the top of the spreadsheet.
    Mark

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Try pi-eater's suggestion, but to a .CSV (Comma Seprated File). When you open the file in Excel, you will be prompted to establish where the columns need to go. Thus ensuring the data is in the correct cells.

I usually use this method because I can get rid of "Columns" that have extraneous characters that can interfere with the excel/word sheet I want to create.
    Scott