New Lounger
    Thanks

Excel won't read Quattro Pro (xp)

Guys, I've written about a similar problem before but this is a little different.

My boss' computer came preinstalled with Word Perfect office but of course, only a trial version (??)

He also had the same thing on his old computer.

I installed Office but I have had a hard time with file conversions.
    Anyway, after getting help here, I thought I had it fixed but now his Quattro Pro Trial is over and I can't even OPEN some files in Excel. I could before but now I can't.

When I try to open these files in excel it tells me that the file format is not valid (.qpw)

Now, the guattro pro version is 12 but just to make sure I also went to his old computer where he had version 10 quattro pro files. I emailed one to the other computer and it still won't open it in excel and gives me the same error (above..)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

George

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel won't read Quattro Pro (xp)

Excel doesn't recognize .qpw files. The last version of Quattro Pro for which there is a converter is version 7 (.wb3 files).
    You should install a trial version of WP Office (Free Trials - Corel WordPerfect Office X3 Standard - Trial Downloads), open the .qpw files and save them as .xls.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hans, will it allow me to install another trial version once I've had on there?

I tried to get the morons at Dell to send me a CLEAN computer with NOTHING but the OS but they would'nt do it.

It came full of all kinds of junk including Word Perfect office..

Thanks

George

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You could try removing all Corel-related info from the registry before installing a new trial version, but I cannot tell you whether that will be enough. If it isn't, you'll have to find another PC on which to install it.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans

I just realized we had quattro pro 10 on another puter at work so I used that one.

I've gotten them converted now, thanks for the help

George