Lounger
    Thanks

Copy Merge Datafile/Related Docs to Other Computer (2002 5.1.2600/Service Pack 2 Build 2600)

How do I copy my merge data file and the related documents to another computer?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copy Merge Datafile/Related Docs to Other Computer (2002 5.1.2600/Serv

Depends - if the computers are connected by a network, you should be able to transfer the files directly. Otherwise, you can e-mail them, or copy them to a USB stick, or burn them on a CD-ROM (or perhaps even a diskette).

But I suspect that there is something else behind your question...

Lounger
    Thanks

Yes there is, and while thinking it about it last night, I realized that what I asked was not really my question.

I have, in fact, copied them to another computer. I placed the Data file in the "My Data Sources" folder.

We then display the Merge toolbar and click "Open Data Source," we get another message referring to running an SQL command.

I know this information is pretty sketchy; I won't have access to the other computer until Monday morning. Is there anything you can tell me about this at this point?

I need to know how to make the merge documents and the merge data file work together.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The warning you see is a security warning in Word 2002 SP-3 and in Word 2003. See MSKB article <A target="_blank" HREF="http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825765">You receive the