2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word as Email Editor (2002/SP3)

I get the following error when trying to use Word as my email editor in Outlook: This form requires Word as your email editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead.

Any suggestions?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word as Email Editor (2002/SP3)

Even through Outlook 2003, despite Microsoft's assurances otherwise, Word causes a number of problems as Oulook Editor - consider not using it.

That said, did you search the MS Knowledge base for the error message? Are all your MS Office apps 2002?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Has it worked correctly before?

There appear to be several possible causes for this behavior: see OL2002: An Error Message Is Received When Word Is Your E-mail Editor and "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor but Word is either busy or cannot be found" error message when you create a new message or reply to a message in Outlook 2002.

Note: in general, I'd recommend *not* using Word as e-mail editor. It makes both Outlook and Word less stable.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, they are all 2002. I did check with MS websites, but I didn't see any fixes that exactly were related to my particular circumstances.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It did work until I got my new computer. It is the same Office program. That website you referred to makes mention of having both Office 2000 and XP installed, which is not the case. The new computer didn't come with Office and I simply re-installed my old disks on the new computer.