5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Signature lines (Microsoft Outlook 2003)

Is anyone familiar with creating signatures in Microsoft Outlook 2003?

I created a signature for my default university email account, and it always worked perfectly, showing up on New Messages, Replies, Forwards, you name it. Then all of a sudden it disappeared on all new messages. I think it disappeared when I changed my default account to Gmail, which has no signature. Now, when I create a message, it automatically goes through Gmail. When I switch the account by pressing the "Accounts" button next to the "Send" button so that it goes from my university address, my signature is not showing up.

However, when I open up a message sent to my university address, and press "Reply," the signature shows up. When I forward a message sent to my university account, the signature shows up. It is only when I create a new message that it doesn't show up. Is this because Outlook doesn't know how to remember a signature when you create a new message and then select the account you want to send the message from?

Can this be changed so that I can press "New Message" then choose my university account, and have my signature show up?

Thanks!

John

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Signature lines (Microsoft Outlook 2003)

One MUST set the signature for EACH account. Go to the signature set up area, select the different email accounts and define your signature for that selected account.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Dave,

The issue is that I only want a signature for my university account. For my other accounts, I don't want a signature.

I have the signature set for my university account, but nothing set for gmail. Can I still get the signature to show up for the university account?

Thanks,

JMT

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Yes, select the university account and set the signature as needed, for other(s) and define NONE signature

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.