3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't delete comment (Office 2000)

Hi,
    I'm working on the invoice template that came with Office. After customizing what I needed, I copied the invoice only page to a new worksheet. I've deleted most of the usual comments [that have the caret indicator] but I can't seem to find where I delete those comments that come up and stay up when the cell is selected, like "State" for example. I figured it out years ago, but now I can't remember where I found it.

Also, when I bring up the new worksheet, it says that it is linked to the original. I can't find where that link is to delete it. I deleted all the range names since it appeared that some of those pointed to the other worksheet but I must be missing something somewhere. I tried Ctrl~ but didn't see anything so these things must be hidden.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Louise

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't delete comment (Office 2000)

The "comment" is an input message from Data | Validation. To edit or remove it, you must unprotect the sheet.

How did you copy the sheet?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't delete comment (Office 2000)

Thanks Hans! Never would have looked there.

I copied the sheet by highlighting all the cells and pasting into a new blank spreadsheet. Then resized the columns like the original.

The "header" of the Company name and address appears to an autoshape and is still linked to the original spreadsheet. I think I'll delete it and enter the information into the cells.

Thanks Hans!
    Louise