New Lounger
    Thanks

Disk full message (Word 2003)

After struggling with "too many edits" messages, we discovered a problem with our network that disrupted the use of templates. Now we have recovered the templates and the Word documents are behaving much better. However, the following message keeps appearing, whether I am doing nothing in the document at the moment or if I click Save: "Disk is full. Free some space on this drive or save the document on another drive. OK" We verified sufficient free space on the drive.
    Clicking OK was corrupting the document and forcing a recovery, but now that the template problem is resolved, a click of OK allows me to continue working in the doc. anythoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Disk full message (Word 2003)

Try cleaning out your Temp folder.

PS It would be nice if you provided some feedback on replies you receive. This is polite to the person who takes the trouble to look at your question, and helpful to other Loungers who may wonder whether the reply or replies were useful.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for the tip to clean out temp folders. We did that also, along with a defrag, and Ithe "disk is full" message still frequently appears.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You have worked through several of the more obvious steps already, but try Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post>.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, we worked through a lot of angst and detail to save our work. The excerpt you sent me is a very good read. I have not gone so far as to replace the DATA key in the registry. It was pointed out in the article that maybe a corrupt normal template was involved, and I did need to fix mine. The disk full message has not occurred for a couple of days now. We have a lot of documents with incorrect paths to their templates attached, due to a network problem, and are working through that also. The big test will be when I get back the 60 page doc from its author that these problems manifested within originally and see if it again has problems with saving.

Thank you again, very much, for your help!