Lounger
    Thanks

WordPerfect & Dell printer problem

I have a problem with a PC running XP Home and WordPerfect 11 with a Dell A940 printer. The printer handles all applications normally but a one page WP letter takes minutes to spool and print. Quattro prints normally and so does Word. If I try to print 10 pages I need to hang around for five minutes for the file to start printing - or sometime just hang. WPWin 11.00.233 is the version running, and Corel seem to have abandoned support for the WordPerfect suites - no downloads or updates and web site that only focus on graphics products ! Help please !

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WordPerfect & Dell printer problem

I sympathize with your plight, David! I was a WP user ever since Version 1 but I quit about Version 9. WP has had its share of printing woes in the past and if you can't find any updates or drivers on their site, the only thing I can suggest is a check with Dell to see if they have anything available for that printer and/or its use by WP. Maybe some Googling around would yield someone else who has a workaround. I don't see WordPerfect get much play here in The Lounge, but hang in there. Maybe someone has an idea for you.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Dell Support page has only one driver and one firmware update, which is probably already installed on your printer:
    http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...d=4150&libid=40

Consider to acquire monochrome printer which has postscript driver - it will solve your problem.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the lead to the driver update which I will install. I have solved the problem meanwhile with two new sevice pcks - or new to this PC any way ! Corel site download of SP! and SP2 has fixed the slow or no printing problem.

Regards