2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Animations Fail to Animate After Flash Conversion (Office 2003 Ppt)

After using FlashPoint to convert my PowerPoint presentation for web view, my animations do not work, although the text animations - spin, fade in and fade out etc do.

How do I make the animations downloaded from the MSN Office Site work in my Flash presentation on the web?

Thanks.
    Brother Patrick, Hermit
    The Hermitage at Harmony Hill
    Post Office Box Three
    Gamaliel Arkansas 72537

Thanks

Re: Animations Fail to Animate After Flash Conversion (Office 2003 Ppt)

I don't know what FlashPoint is but I've done this with Adobe's Breeze, Techmisth's Camtasia and other such programs ('PPT to Video Scout' which converts to AVI format. I also use these to convert a voice-embedded PPT into Flash for web viewing. I found FlashPoint's web site and the do claim animations work but maybe there is some fine print that it doesn't support all animations (I've even had limitations with Breeze on very complex animations and it's $$$). Maybe the free version is limited in functionality. Have you contacted them to ask what the problem could be?

Deb

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Animations Fail to Animate After Flash Conversion (Office 2003 Ppt)

Hi Deb,

Thanks for your reply - yeah I did contact them - apparently they are in Russia and they are not able or willing to get it working so that the gifs are animated.

I have asked for a refund . . . not likely to happen. They asked for the presentation, converted it themselves and discovered the same problem - the text animations work, but the gifs don't.

Alas, I don't know. Maybe I'll use Producer, and try that, but I'm not sure it will post and run without conversion and its likely to lose features using this software. Its disappointing. I am doing this for a friend to learn the technology so I can apply it to my own stuff. If you want to see the end result, its on www.writefirm.com - Blogs and a Movie, Too! It is much cuter when everything is working . . .

Peace. And thanks for your help!!
    Brother Patrick, Hermit
    The Hermitage at Harmony Hill
    Post Office Box Three
    Gamaliel Arkansas 72537