2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Drag a Contact - but not send e-mail (2003 )

I'd like to drag a contact to the task button to create a linked To Do or drage a contact to the Calendar button to create an appointment for that contact. However, in either case Outlook has a Send tab to close. It gives a message about a valid e-mail address if the contact doesn't have an e-mail.
    Help! I don't want to send an e-mail to the contact. I just want to create a linked To Do or an appointment.
    What should I do to get this done?
    Mark

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Drag a Contact - but not send e-mail (2003 )

Dragging a contact to the Tasks or Calendar button will create an item with the contact as recipient; I don't think you can change this behavior.
    You can create a new task or appointment and drag a contact into the window of that task/appointment.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    Thanks. That works, after a fashion. When I drop the contact into the contact pane at the bottom of the new task window, Outlook prompts me to choose (2 times!) from contacts that resemble in name the contact I have dragged to the window. I guess it doesn't trust that I'm dragging the contact I want, and is trying to be helpful!!

Mark

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't know a way around that. Perhaps someone else will have a helpful suggestion...