2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Capture reference material (Outlook 2003)

I have a question. I store my class assignments (which are email attachments) and emails in a folder in outlook. At the end of the semester. I would like to burn a CD to capture a semester long work for future reference. What is the best way of doing this in outlook? How do you export a folder from the outlook to a CD?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Capture reference material (Outlook 2003)

Archive the folder, using File | Archive, browse to the Outlook folder, select a target location, Archive it, than burn the archive you created on the hard drive to disk. Note that the burned file will be read-only; to later use it you will need to copy it back to a hard drive and change the read-only attribute.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks

Re: Capture reference material (Outlook 2003)

What format do you want? For example, it's easiest to create another Outlook data file (typically PST format), but then you would require Outlook to open it and access the individual messages. It's a little bit more work to save the individual messages as MSG files, which then will be self-contained, with both message and attachments. It's quite a bit more work to create HTML or TXT files of the messages, and save out the attachments to each in some kind of logical structure so you can match them up...