New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Backup (MS Outlook 2003)

I'm new here, so I'm assuming this probably has been answered a few times already, however, a search resulted in "No Matches". So here goes... I manage about thirty workstations (WXP SP2) and one domain server (SBS 2003). The Outlook (2003) client is loaded onto the workstations upon the creation of a new user or upgrade of the application. For most of my users I have loaded the add-on of pfbackup.exe to perform a backup of their .pst file. For one reason or another, I have had to recreate a new user account on several workstations that already had Outlook installed with this backup utility on the old user. Now when I try to install this utility for the new user within Outlook, I receive a message stating that a previous installation has been detected and must be uninstalled. First, it tries to uninstall through th "install wizard" of the pfbackup.exe. Once it is unsuccessful, I then receive a message that I must remove this application with the "Add - Remove Programs" within the COntrol Panel. But, this program is not listed!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Re: Outlook Backup (MS Outlook 2003)

I wonder where Outlook is finding the old add-in? Some COM Add-ins will self-register in the Registry, but I don't know about this one.

Is it still possible to log in under the old user account? If so, perhaps the add-in will appear in the old user's Add/Remove programs.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Unfortunately, no.... the old account is controlled by the domain server. If the old account becomes corrupted or deleted on the server, then as far as the server goes, the old account no longer exists and refuses to allow a logon. I will try disconnecting the ethernet connection from the workstation and try again. Not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Have your tried searching the disk drive for pfbackup.exe? Have you tried searching the registry?

Joe
    Joe