4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

'Filter by Form' = Null, Not Null (A2K 9.0.4402 SR-1)

i have been normalizing a database. When I try to use the toolbar to do a Filter by Form on one of the normalized tables (created with a make-table query), it only offers me two options: Is Null, and Is Not Null rather than the drop down list of values in a field.

Filter by Selection works, and by form works if i type in the value?

What have i run into, andhow do i fix it?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 'Filter by Form' = Null, Not Null (A2K 9.0.4402 SR-1)

Here's a quote from knowledgebase article <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q208/5/73.ASP>Filter By Form Options Do Not Apply to Lookup Fields [Q208573]</A>
    <hr>If the form's recordset contains more records than the number specified on the
    Edit/Find tab of the Options command, then Microsoft Access does not fill the
    combo box or list box with unique values from the form's recordset. Rather, it
    fills the list with two values: Is Null and Is Not Null. The only exception is
    when a field is a Lookup field (that is, when the field has its DisplayControl
    property set to combo box or list box in an underlying table). Then, Microsoft
    Access uses the table's RowSource property setting to fill the value list for a
    Filter By Form combo box or list box, instead of reading records from the form's
    recordset.<hr>
    Charlotte

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 'Filter by Form' = Null, Not Null (A2K 9.0.4402 SR-1)

THAT was easy!

Thanks Charlotte