3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

compute employees average workweek

Hi, I'm trying to simplify a weekly/monthly report. We keep track of the hours the salespeople work each week. The worksheet is set up with the salespeople's names on a row, and the "week of" (i.e. 1/15/01) as the left column. Since this is an ongoing data list, I want to simplify the set up. Right now the dates just go on forever, but I would like to have it automatically compute the average hours worked by month, quarter and year, preferably as subtotals at the end of the months. Also, is there an easy way to modify the worksheet, without affecting the averages, when a salesperson is no longer employed and is a new one comes in? I have a long row of old salespeople that I just tab through each week.

Thanks for ANY help you can.
    Rick

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: compute employees average workweek

For starters I would add a column before the salespersons name. You might call it key. In the key column enter OLD beside all those employees who have left. Enter New beside the new ones coming in. The others you can leave blank. Next I would do a data sort. This would move all the old ones to the bottom of the list so you wouldn;t have to keep tabbing over them.

Have you got a sample of your current worksheet?
    How do you calculate weeks that finish off one month and start another like Jan 28 - Feb 3?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: compute employees average workweek

Thanks for the tip.
    Attached is the excel file that I have used.
    As far as weeks are concerned, I just use the monday as the "week of 2/12", even though it may overlap between two months.
    For example, the work week starts on monday and ends on sunday. so I would consider Sunday april 1st the end of the first quarter, just to keep it simple.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thanks,

Rick
    Attached Files Attached Files