4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Moving OUTLOOK data to a new computer (MS Office Professional Ed 2003)

I bought a new computer and want to be able to move all of the emails (contents & attachments), contacts, calender items, tasks etc etc [everything that I currently have in OUTLOOK] from the old to the new. Any suggestions on how to do this easily and without error would be greatly appreciated.....I have an 80GB external drive that I can connect to the old (and then to the new computer) if that would make the swapping over any easier.....I would also like to be able to keep the 'dates sent' and 'dates received' etc of the emails if there is a way to 'traansfer' that type of info with teh email contents. Thanks for any help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moving OUTLOOK data to a new computer (MS Office Professional Ed 2003)

All your e-mails, contacts, appointments are stored in a .pst file; its default location is in Cocuments and Settings<username>Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlook. There may also be an archive .pst in the same folder. You can simply copy this to the new computer.
    Some settings such as toolbar customizations and nicknames for recipients are kept in separate files - see Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dual-Boot.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Moving OUTLOOK data to a new computer (MS Office Professional Ed 2003)

Check out Moving Files and Settings to a New PC for information about the Microsoft File and Settings Transfer Wizard.

Joe
    Joe