Thread: MSN Chat

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

MSN Chat

Have no idea if this is the correct place to ask my question but didn't see a better one.

I have installed the latest version of MSN messenger to try to use its chat capabilities. I've never used any chat before and am totally unfamiliar with it. I don't see a help file in MSN telling me how to choose those I want to chat with. I do have a contact list that appears because it appears to be associated with my Hotmail email account. I looked in this forum and don't see how to set up chat but I imagine I just didn't do a good enough search. Can anyone direct me to a thread or an Internet link that will walk me through the steps of choosing and using those choices of whom I want to chat with?

Thanks.
    H Lewton

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MSN Chat

This seems to be their comprehensive help area. Is this what you are looking for?

added: When I click on the "contents" column heading, it gets rid of the first entry - error message and then says "Getting started with MSN Messenger".

"Peace begins with a smile. "-- Mother Teresa

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Are you using Windows Live Messenger? If so, just open it, select Actions | Send an Instant Message. The rest should be self explanatory.

Joe
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

skitterbug,

Thanks. After a quick look I didn't see what I was looking for but I will check it out closer.
    H Lewton

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Joe,

Thanks. Yes that is what I'm using. I did what you said then I figured out they have to have an email address, it seems, and then check the box for instant messaging under their contact information.

I'll eventually learn how these new fangled machines work.

Thanks again.
    H Lewton