Star Lounger
    Thanks

automatic sound problem (2003/SP2)

I am trying to use links and sounds such that:

Slide1: Has a <Link> that transitions to Slide 2
    Slide2: Automatically Plays sound. Has a <Link> that transitions to Slide 1

This works fine but the sound only plays once. If I click the link to go back to Slide 1 and then click the link to return to Slide 2 the sound doesn't play the 2nd time. I have attached an example. Does anybody have any idea how to fix this? I tried all the options I could find and nothing seems to change this behavior.

Thanks, Mike

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: automatic sound problem (2003/SP2)

See PPT2000: Animation Doesn't Play When Viewing Previous Slide for an explanation and a workaround (it applies to PPT 2003 too). I have attached your demo presentation with the workaround (inserted a blank slide in between the existing slides, with a transition time of 0 seconds; the button on the first slide links to the new one.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you! Because I have a lot of transitions like this, I'm interested in the other solution listed there -- using a macro to reset the slide. Do you happen to know if there is a way to get a macro to automatically run when a slide is entered (or exited)? I can only find ways to use macros based on mouse actions.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There is a SlideShowNextSlide event, but you'd have to create an add-in for it - PowerPoint doesn't have code modules that correspond to the active presentation or to individual slides. See Make PPT respond to events if you're interested.

Otherwise, you could use the mouse-over action for an object on the slide.