2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Export Messages to Excel (Latest)

Hello all,

I am trying to export a bunch of messages in a single folder to Microsoft Excel. I can do this quite easily by going to FILE -> IMPORT - EXPORT -> EXPORT TO FILE -> MICROSOFT EXCEL, and then choosing the folder with the messages I want to export and saving the file. When I open the file, everything I want to see is there...however...the message body never shows up completely, I think this may have something to do with the limitation that Excel has with the number of characters
    that can be in one cell. Anyone have any ideas? I need the data in Excel in order to strip and analyze it, that is the easy part.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Export Messages to Excel (Latest)

The body is truncated at 255 characters. Try exporting to Access instead of Excel. You can analyze it in Access, or export from Access to Excel, this will preserve the body text.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unfortunately Hans, the person I am building this for is not well versed in either access or excel...to be honest I am not the most proficient in Access either. Is there a way to export this into excel without the 255 character limitation?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Try exporting to a comma-delimited text file (.csv). This will open in Excel by default, and it preserves the full body.