Lounger
    Thanks

Turn of track changes (2003)

I have a document with tracked changes. Each time I open the document, it opens the track changes toolbar and displays the document in "Final Showing Markup" view. How can I get the document to open without showing the changes? I've updated the document several times no longer need to see the changes.

Thanks!

Larry

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Turn of track changes (2003)

See Microsoft Office Assistance: Get rid of tracked changes and comments, once and for all. Note the mention of the "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving" option (in the Security tab of Tools | Options...). Also see Markup text may reappear when you open or when you save a document of Word 2003.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Turn of track changes (2003)

as always - thanks Hans!!!

Larry