3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Shadow and 3-D Toolbars (PowerPoint 2003/SP2)

Somehow, at some time in the past, I placed a toolbar for Shadows and a toolbar for 3-D in my PowerPoint software. I really love having them available but I don't remember how I did it! When I View my toolbars list, they are not listed. If I right-click on a toolbar and receive a long, long list of available toolbars, they are not listed. They always show up when I open PowerPoint.

I have tried to research these toolbars and can't find any information about them. Does anyone else out there display these toolbars and do you know how to find them again? I have several colleagues who would also like them and I can/t help.
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Shadow and 3-D Toolbars (PowerPoint 2003/SP2)

Select Tools | Customize...
    Activate the Toolbars tab.
    There are check boxes for 3-D Settings and for Shadow Settings.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Barbara,

I believe that the shadow and 3d buttons, are normally tagged on the end of the 'drawing' toolbar (located along the bottom edge of powerpoint by default)

Cheers
    TAJ Simmons
    microsoft powerpoint mvp

awesome - powerpoint backgrounds

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Barbara,

In line with what was mentioned, there are buttons on the Drawing toolbar for shadows and 3-D. If you click one of these, it will give you a bunch of choices for how to change the image per the selected choice (let's just say 3-D). In addition, there is an item that says "3-D Settings". If you click this choice, it will open a toolbar for 3-D Settings (and result in the toolbar becoming checked as Hans mentioned).

If you now close ppt and re-open it, the 3-D toolbar will be open.

The Shadow Settings button/toolbar works the same way.

Fred

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you.
    I appreciate the prompt suggestions from all three of you. Following your directions, I found where I had previously "turned on" the Shadow and 3-D settings. They are so useful to me that I wanted to share them with colleagues and just couldn't remember where I found them. I tried Microsoft Help and Microsoft's web site and didn't receive a satisfactory answer from either.

However, I can always count on my friends at Woody's Forum to give me a good solution. Thank you again.
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>