New Lounger
    Thanks

Exporting Access Tables (XP)

Hi there,

I have a number of tables and charts in an Access database and was wondering if someone could help me with the best way of exporting them to MS Word. I have quite a number of these tables (over 100) and I am looking for an efficient way of exporting them that retains all the formatting present in the tables as well as the ability to resize.

Can you help?
    Nick.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Exporting Access Tables (XP)

Do you want to export the tables to separate documents, or to a single document?
    If you want separate documents, you can export the tables to .rtf format; this preserves formatting and the resulting files can be opened in Word. If you want to process all tables, or tables meeting criteria that can be specified explicitly, you could write a VBA procedure to do so.
    If you want them in a single document, you could use copy in Excel, then Paste Special with the Formatted Text option. Again, it would be possible to write VBA code for this.
    Charts "live" in forms and reports There is no really good way to export charts from reports; you can use Copy and Paste to transfer a chart from an Access form to Word.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

I actually wanted to export reports to a single management report. I think as noted in other postings we're finding it difficult to post reports to Word and retaining any sort of formatting.

Thanks,
    Nick.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Is there a specific reason you want it in Word? If you have formatted reports with charts, it's virtually impossible to get these into Word except as images (screenshots).
    PDF format would be much more managable. You can export reports to PDF with all formatting, charts etc. intact, and you can combine several PDF files into one.